Current Vacancies - Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic these positions have been put on hold. Any updates to the situation will be posted here.
Event Marketing Coordinator - Full time role, Rosedale, Auckland
About the role
The Event Marketing Coordinator provides marketing and communications support to the Digital Marketing and Communications Lead and the Events Manager, particularly in the promotion and communications involved with Athletics New Zealand’s events programme. A good level of digital marketing capability is required to ensure professional and appropriate communications are delivered to Athletics New Zealand’s members and stakeholders. In addition, this role will contribute to the delivery of commercially successful events; attracting wider athlete participation, increased spectators and supporters, and community recognition and sponsorship.
The key areas of the role include:
- Coordinate digital marketing of ticketed events including social media
- Create and distribute event eDM’s including managing targeted distribution lists
- Coordinate the design, development and production of event programmes
- Coordinate the content for MC scripts and live streaming commentary
- Work with sponsors and partners on their digital content linked to events
- Assist with digital content creation around major events (including onsite during the event)
- Liaison with our designer around digital content creation for major events
· General marketing support as required including email communication and social media
COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a digital marketing role ideally within an events environment
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Experience with digital marketing campaigns, including social content creation
- A positive ‘can do’ approach and enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing and Communications Lead, this role will be based at Athletics New Zealand's national office in Rosedale, Auckland.
To apply for this role email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight Sunday 29 March 2020.
Click here for a full job description
About the role
The Coaching Coordinator will be the operational lead for all Athletics NZ's coach development initiatives, from parents as first coaches through to coaches working with performance athletes.
You will be supporting and developing existing coaches, as well as assisting to identify and educate new coaches. Reporting to the Coach Development Lead, you will be responsible for engaging with our coaching community - ensuring that the systematic needs of our participants are met and that the value of coaching to our athletics community and society is recognised.
Skills and experience
To be the ideal candidate for this role you will have some coach development experience, or relevant experience within the sport of athletics, as well as the following attributes:
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for coaching and coach development.
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Energy and commitment, as well as being self-motivated, positive and creative.
- A passion for sport, and empathy in a volunteer environment.
Reporting to the Coach Development Lead, the role is listed as Auckland based, but could be based in any major centre.
To apply for this position please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than midday on Sunday March 29th, 2020.
Click here for a full job description.