Distance Testing Workshops
- Auckland (Millennium, AUT) - April 15-16, 2019
- Auckland (Millennium, AUT) - April Dates TBC, 2020
This is an opportunity for carded, PPS, P2P and selected ‘on the radar’ distance athletes to access physiological and other testing, designed to identify various aerobic and speed/power characteristics, which may help to inform aspects such as event choice and training approach going forward .
Day one includes specific testing including:
- VO2max / Lactate threshold
- Peak Speed assessment with Radar technology
- Jump and reactive strength measures
- Video Analysis of running mechanics – stride lengths and frequency details
Day two includes specific workshops designed to improve speed, power and mechanics
- Strength, posture and positions
- Stiffness and ground contact
- Functional drills
Follow up communication is an opportunity for athletes and coaches to discuss their data in comparison to an international data set, identify potential work-ons, and for knowledge sharing of recognised training approaches. This information may then be used to inform planning moving forward.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org