We have received information that Oceania Athletics Association has kindly offered to one female and one male New Zealand athlete to compete in the 2018 Oceania Cross Country Championships on the Sunshine Coast, Australia on Saturday 25th August.
OAA have advised that the representative/s shall be the winner of the Federation's National Cross Country Championships, or the next best available athlete.
The 2018 NZ Cross Country Championships will occur after the closing date of applications. Therefore, we have opened up applications to include results from the following (in no particular order);
- The winner of the 2017 NZ Cross Country Championships (or the next best available athlete); OR
- The winner of the 2017 NZ North Island Cross Country Championships (or the next be available athlete); OR
- The winner of the 2017 NZ South Island Cross Country Championships (or the next be available athlete); OR
- Alternatively, athletes can submit their performances for Cross Country competitions within the period of 1 July 2017 to 4 June 2018.
Athlete’s economy class flights (from a NZ major or capital city airport), shared accommodation and per diem for meals will be covered along with ground transport for the period of the Championship. Travel insurance, uniform, domestic flights and any other related costs will be arranged by Athletics NZ and at the athlete’s expense. All international travel will be organized by the Oceania Athletics Association.
Any athletes interested in applying, please contact Jess Jones with the following information;
- Full Name
- NZ Passport scan
- Results/link to results from the relevant race/Championships
Applications will close on 5:00pm Friday 29th June and the two successful athletes will be announced by 5pm Wednesday 4th July 2018.
The Championships will be held at the Maleny Golf Course. Click here to view the course.