We have received information that Oceania Athletics Association has kindly offered to fund two New Zealand athletes to compete in the 2018 Oceania Half Marathon and/or Marathon Championships in the Gold Coast, Australia on Sunday 1st July.
OAA have advised that the representative/s shall be the winner of the Federation's National 10km Road Race OR Marathon Championship, or the next best available athlete.
Whilst the 2018 NZ Marathon Championships have taken place, the 2018 NZ Half Marathon Championships will occur after the closing date of applications. Therefore, if you are applying for the Half Marathon, we have opened up applications to include results from the following (in no particular order);
- The winner of the 2018 Rotorua Half Marathon (or the next best available athlete); OR
- The winner of the 2017 NZ Half Marathon Championships (or the next be available athlete); OR
- Alternatively, athletes can submit their performances for Half Marathon competitions within the period of 1 July 2017 to 6 May 2018. These results must appear on the Athletics NZ Rankings Website.
Athlete’s economy class flights (from a NZ major or capital city airport), shared accommodation and per diem for meals will be covered along with ground transport for the period of the Championship. Travel insurance, uniform, domestic flights and any other related costs will be arranged by Athletics NZ and at the athlete’s expense. All international travel will be organized by the Oceania Athletics Association.
Any athletes interested in applying, please contact Jess Jones with the following information;
- Full Name
- NZ Passport scan
- Which distance you are applying for – Half or Full Marathon
- Results/link to results from the relevant race/Championships
Applications will close on 5:00pm Wednesday May 30th and the two successful athletes will be announced by 5pm Friday 1st June 2018.
Visit the Gold Coast Marathon website here.