News & Updates
2021 World University Games postponed
Athletics New Zealand has received confirmation that the 2021 World University Games – scheduled to be held 18-29 August in Chengdu, China – has been postponed to 2022 with specific dates not confirmed yet.
This postponement is due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the FISU Executive Committee vision that “the likely improvements in the public health situation over the next year would be such that an event in 2022 would be considerably more likely to offer the experience that FISU aims to deliver”.
Until a postponement date and updated entry requirements have been confirmed, the Athletics NZ Selection Policy for this event will be made null and void. Any athletes who submitted an Application for Selection Form for this competition will be contacted directly.
Please direct any queries regarding the postponement of the 2021 World University Games to Athletics NZ High Performance Programme Administrator Brianna Maynard at email@example.com
- Athletics icon Sir Murray Halberg dies
- Tauranga to host jumps and Para-Athletics Camp
- Sarah harbours World Cross dreams
- 2023 World Para Athletics Championships Selection Policy Released
- Innovation at the heart of Night of 5s
- Hammer ace Levi targets secondary school champs
- Alan Tucker rewarded for athletics commitment