News & Updates
2023 Colgate Games venue announcement
Athletics NZ is pleased to announce that Palmerston North (Athletics Manawatu Whanganui) and Timaru (Athletics Canterbury) will be host venues for the 2023 Colgate Games.
The North Island Games at the Manawatu Community Athletics Track in Palmerston North is set to be staged on the 6-8 January. Meanwhile, the South Island Games will be held at Aorangi Park in Timaru the following week on 13-15 January.
The Colgate Games has been running for more than 40 years and is largest athletics event for tamariki in New Zealand, annually attracting hundreds of kids aged 7-14.
Athletics NZ CEO Pete Pfitzinger said: “We are delighted to announce the venues for the 2023 Colgate Games. Both centres have been great supporters of Athletics NZ events and I am sure both will do an outstanding job in hosting one of the most iconic events on the athletics calendar.”
The final day of the 2022 North Island Colgate Games takes place today (Sunday) in Wellington. Next week the 2022 South Island Colgate Games (14-16 Jan) will be hosted at Surrey Park, Invercargill.
- Mixed relays set to feature at 2022 New Zealand Cross Country Championships
- Weekly Round Up: 15 May
- Balchin records blistering time to bank New Zealand marathon crown
- Hannah chases national marathon title and World Championship mark
- Athletics NZ announce team for 2022 World Athletics Championships
- My Favourite – Karsen Vesty
- Grogan hails the Reboot initiative