News & Updates
Athletics NZ Update on 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games
Athletics New Zealand (Athletics NZ) is currently finalizing the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games Nomination Criteria with the New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC). This is a New Zealand team that the NZOC manage, not an Athletics NZ team.
For these Games, the NZOC have changed the long list requirements due to the clash of dates from the postponement of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Instead of the requirement for one long list a year out from the Games, it has been split in to a two part process. The first part is the key action for now.
- In the first instance, any athlete who is interested in applying for nomination for the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games and is not a current registered member of Athletics New Zealand, must register their intent to apply for nomination, no later than 27 June 2021. This is to ensure compliance with the Sports Anti-Doping Rules.
- In the second instance, Athletics NZ must submit a full long list including all athletes who are registered members of Athletics who are in contention/consideration for the Games, no later than 28 September 2021.
If point 1 applies to you, please send Teams@athletics.org.nz an email registering your interest along with a copy of your passport no later than 27 June 2021.
If you need to establish if your registration is current and active, please check directly with your club or centre.
For any athlete who is a current registered member, you do not need to apply until September when an application form will be available along with further information.
Published 10 June 2021
- Obituary: Ron Cain
- Weekly Round Up: 14 June
- Wesche, Hobbs and Preston impress at second Oceania Invitational
- Tom Walsh claims his fourth successive Diamond League victory
- Athletics NZ Update on 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games
- Throwers and sprinters take centre stage for big weekend of competitions
- Weekly Round Up: 8 June