News & Updates
Colgate Games info/results
Please refresh the page (shift+ctrl+r) to view the most up-to-date results.
The Colgate Games are an important part of the sport of athletics and have been running for over 50 years.
The Colgate Games are held in January every year and are made up of two events, one in the North Island and one in the South Island. It’s the biggest athletics event for children, with the games attended by hundreds of athletes aged seven to 14-years-old.
Entry is open to any child aged seven to 14 years who is a member of an athletics club that is affiliated to Athletics New Zealand, and both events present an opportunity for children to compete in a fun and encouraging environment.
You don’t need to be selected or be a top athlete, though medals are awarded for 10 to 14-year-olds in each event. For seven to nine-year-olds, the focus is on participation.
See below for details of the 2021 Colgate Games.
Please note: There will be no live streaming of the Colgate Games as U-15 events are not broadcast by Athletics NZ to ensure we protect our rangatahi.
South Island Event Information
Saxton Field Sports Complex
Friday 15 – Sunday 17 January
Entries now closed
Meeting Rules: Click here to find a copy of Meeting Rules. Please ensure you have read these before entering your child.
Event Schedule: Click here to find a copy of the time Event Schedule.
Thursday 14 January
- Officials Meeting – 7:00pm
Friday 15 January
- Team Managers Meeting – 7:45am
- Athletes Assemble – 8:15am
- March Past – 8:30am
- Official Opening – 8:50am
Parking: Car parking is available at the venue.
Spectators: Tickets are available to purchase at the gate.
- Adult (15+ years) one day pass – $7
- Adults (15+ years) 3 day pass – $18
- Children under the age of 15 are free
Merchandise: A range of Colgate Merchandise is available to purchase from the merchandise tent at the venue.
If you have pre-purchased a Colgate T-shirt these can be collected from the merchandise tent.
- Hosting details confirmed for 2022 Colgate Games
- Revised timetable released for track and field champs
- Hall recognised for outstanding career
- Modified New Zealand Track and Field Championships to be held
- Latest update on New Zealand Track and Field Championships
- 6H Global Solidarity Run team selection announcement
- Weekly Round Up: 1 March