Community Coach Membership
Athletics NZ Community Coach Membership is open to anyone who coaches within our sport. This includes Foundation Programme coaches, club coaches and parent coaches. The minimum requirements for membership are:
- Police vetting (required every three years)
- Signing and abiding by the Athletics NZ Code of Conduct
- Completing the Sport NZ Coaching Safety Net Module
The goal of introducing the Community Coach Membership model is to engage a much larger proportion of our coaches as direct members of Athletics NZ, by making the process as simple and easy as possible.
This membership category matches current child safety good practice and gives Athletics NZ the ability to hold any member coach accountable to the Athletics New Zealand Member Protection Regulation. Community Coach Membership has a simple renewal process each year and after three years coaches will need to update their police vetting.
If you have any questions or wish to talk further about the Community Coach Membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accredited Coach Membership
The Athletics NZ Accredited Coach provides a level of quality assurance into our coaching framework to continue to meet the needs of participants within our sport.
The process for accreditation is via recognition of prior learning, prior experience and current competency. By successfully meeting the requirements outlined in this pack, a coach will become an Athletics NZ Accredited Coach.
- Athletics NZ coach credentials/ recognition at national and regional level
- Your name listed in the National Coaches Registry
- Apply for Athletics New Zealand Team positions
- Free admission to Athletics NZ Championship competitions for registered coaches
- Apply for and attend IAAF RDC Coach development courses
- Apply for Coaching Performance Enhancement Grants; any Sport NZ, HPSNZ or Athletics NZ Coach development programmes; and any Prime Ministers Coaching Scholarships
- Individual Coach Membership Card
- Athletics NZ Members Benefits
- Quarterly Coaching Newsletters- Connecting Coaches
- Discounted entry to Coach Education Workshops
- Automatic membership to Oceania Athletics Coaches Association
For any questions, please email email@example.com