News & Updates
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Nomination Criteria re-released
Athletics NZ and the New Zealand Olympic Committee are pleased to announce the re-release of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Nomination Criteria. Please note that the Games are still being called the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, not the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games.
It is important for athletes to be aware that only performances achieved in NZ, at meets categorised at National Permit Meet (F) or above, are eligible to be recognised for ranking purposes or achieving an automatic qualifying mark. If a meet is not classified as a National Permit Meet (or above), it will not be on our list of meets that World Athletics has, and therefore the performances will not be recognised by them. We have recently re-published the remaining National Permit Meets for this year. The list of National Permit Meets for 2021 will be published by the end of this week at the same link. For performances achieved outside of NZ to be eligible for nomination consideration, they must be listed on the WA World Rankings site.
Please click here to read the criteria.
For any questions, please contact teams.
- Weekly Roundup: 3 October 2023
- Kiwi Contingent perform at the inaugural World Athletics Road Running Championships
- Whippets and Bays secure top spots at the 2023 NZ Road Relay Championships
- New Zealand athletes take to the road in Latvia
- Road Relays set to fire as part of Loburn 68
- North Harbour Bays and University of Canterbury hunt successful title defence
- Snake phobia helped elevate Donald to World Road Running team