News & Updates
Update on NZ Cross Country Championships
Following the government announcement that New Zealand will be staying under its current alert levels for an additional 12 days, Athletics New Zealand and its regional centres are reviewing all options in regards to the hosting of the New Zealand Cross Country Championships.
The event is scheduled to take place on 29 August in Dunedin and would be the first national event of the 2020 winter season.
Given that parts of the country remain under different alert levels and that the current restrictions are due to be lifted only three days before the event, there are many logistical factors to consider.
Athletics NZ, Athletics Otago and the other regional centres will work through these as promptly as possible and will provide further updates via our online platforms.
To register for the New Zealand Cross Country Championships please click here
For detailed information from Athletics NZ on general athletics activity under different alert levels please click here
Please follow government advice and stay safe.
- New Christchurch Marathon course to host the 2023 New Zealand Marathon Champs
- Weekly Round Up: 7 February
- Adams turns up the heat at Sola Power event
- Nagel and Oakley claim back-to-back national 3000m crowns
- Paralympic champion Lisa Adams set to star at Sola Power meet
- Sprint ace Te Puni targets more success in Wellington
- Nagel seeks back-to-back national 3000m titles