News & Updates
Vacancy: Club Development Leader
Athletics New Zealand is looking for a fulltime Club Development Leader.
Athletics NZ’s role is to encourage, enhance and promote all aspects of athletics in New Zealand and each week thousands of people take part in Athletics NZ initiatives.
Athletics NZ has a rich heritage of Olympic and Commonwealth Games success. Athletics NZ has spawned some of New Zealand’s sporting icons – Dame Yvette Corlett, Sir Peter Snell, Sir John Walker and, more recently, Tom Walsh, Dame Valerie Adams, Nick Willis and Eliza McCartney – all of whom have come through our network of local clubs that currently support over 20,000 athletes of all ages and abilities.
The key areas of the Club Development Leader role are focused on developing club capability for member clubs and potential member clubs of Athletics NZ. For some clubs, this will be assistance to enhance governance, planning and management systems while, for others, it will involve encouraging and supporting innovation to enable clubs to enhance their service levels and meet the needs of their community.
Athletics NZ is particularly interested in being a leader in the future of club development, ensuring our clubs are set up to thrive in the coming 25 years.
For a full job description of the Club Development Leader role please click here
To be the ideal candidate for this role you will have at least five years’ club development experience, either in a professional role or as a volunteer, as well as the following attributes:
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated energy and commitment, as well as being self-motivated, positive and creative
- A passion for athletics, as well as demonstrated empathy in a volunteer environment
- Ability to be innovative in problem solving situations
Reporting to the Community Manager, the preference will be for the role to be based at Athletics NZ’s national office in Rosedale, Auckland. However, applications are invited from those based in other regions.
To apply for this position please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midday on Thursday 3 December, 2020.
- Athletics NZ U-16 and U-18 Championships to be held as part of NZSSAA Track and Field Championships
- Weekly Round Up: 10 May
- Voss joins select group with back-to-back Rotorua Marathon titles
- Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Nomination Criteria updated
- Thousands set to descend on Rotorua Marathon
- Inspirational trio target range of goals at Rotorua Marathon
- Q and A with Will Anthony