News & Updates
Vacancy: Coaching Coordinator
Athletics New Zealand is looking for a fulltime Coaching Coordinator.
The Coaching Coordinator will be the operational lead for all Athletics NZ coach development initiatives, from parents as first coaches through to coaches working with performance athletes. You will be supporting and developing existing coaches, as well as assisting to identify and educate new coaches.
Reporting to the Coach Development Lead, the Coaching Coordinator will be responsible for engaging with our coaching community, ensuring that the systematic needs of our participants are met and that the value of coaching to our athletics community and society is recognised.
The Coach Coordinator will work in close partnership with the Athletics NZ team, active and potential coaches, Sport NZ, Regional Athletics Centres and Regional Sports Trusts to ensure the effective delivery of various coach development projects.
This work is pivotal in the continued growth of the sport of Athletics in New Zealand, ensuring our coaches are contributing to the growth of our sport.
To be the ideal candidate for this role you will have some coach development experience, or relevant experience within the sport of athletics, as well as the following attributes:
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for coaching and coach development
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Energy and commitment, as well as being self-motivated, positive and creative
- A passion for sport, and empathy in a volunteer environment
Reporting to the Coach Development Lead, the role is listed as Auckland-based, but could alternatively be based in Hamilton or Tauranga.
For the full job description please click here
To apply for this position please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than midday on Sunday 11 October.
- Hosting details confirmed for 2022 Colgate Games
- Revised timetable released for track and field champs
- Hall recognised for outstanding career
- Modified New Zealand Track and Field Championships to be held
- Latest update on New Zealand Track and Field Championships
- 6H Global Solidarity Run team selection announcement
- Weekly Round Up: 1 March