News & Updates
2020 World Mountain Running Championships Selection Policy Released
The 2020 World Mountain Running Championships Selection Policy has been released. This policy includes the following note:
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, there are risks relating to international travel to and during the 2020 World Mountain Running Championships.
Our highest priority is the wellbeing and safety of Athletics New Zealand athletes and staff. It simply may not be safe or responsible to send a team to this competition. With Spain currently still having active cases and community transmission of Covid-19, it is unlikely that a team will be sent to this competition.
The final decision whether to send a team to the 2020 World Mountain Running Championships will be made by the Board of Athletics New Zealand in consultation with the Athletics New Zealand Chief Executive and High Performance Director prior to the selection announcement date of 18 September, following the guidance of the New Zealand Government.
Applications for Selection close at 5:00pm Sunday 6 September 2020.
- New Christchurch Marathon course to host the 2023 New Zealand Marathon Champs
- Weekly Round Up: 7 February
- Adams turns up the heat at Sola Power event
- Nagel and Oakley claim back-to-back national 3000m crowns
- Paralympic champion Lisa Adams set to star at Sola Power meet
- Sprint ace Te Puni targets more success in Wellington
- Nagel seeks back-to-back national 3000m titles