News & Updates
2021 Hanmer Distance Camp for Emerging Talent
The Athletics New Zealand Distance Event Group are hosting a second Emerging Talent Camp for 2021 in Hanmer. The camp will run from Sunday 3 to Tuesday 5 October. The focus of the camp is Long Term Athlete Development for distance runners and provides an exciting opportunity for development and their coaches to hear from great presenters and train with athletes from different squads.
It is also an opportunity for coaches to share, and learn from each other and the presenters. As a coach of a developing athlete we would encourage you to attend, with your athlete, to maximise the benefits of ongoing learning.
The venue for this year’s Hanmer camp will be Hanmer Springs Forest Camp and applications are invited from Athletics New Zealand registered athletes aged 15 and over and their coaches to attend. Start time is 2pm Sunday 3 October, finish lunch time Tuesday 5 October. Estimated cost for accommodation and meals will be approximately $200, with support available for ANZ-HP programme athletes and Athletics NZ accredited coaches.
Applications for this camp are now closed. Details about booking flights will be sent to you on confirmation of application. If you have any questions please contact Maria Hassan at email@example.com or 0212266874
- Nagel seeks back-to-back national 3000m titles
- Hammer king Anthony Nobilo seeks capital gains in Wellington
- Nicole Bradley steps away from the sport
- Hannah jumps to the next level during stellar season
- New Zealand Para athletes excel on Aussie tour
- Australian National Championships Entry Process Update
- Weekly Round Up: 31 January