News & Updates
Are you the next face of athletics in your community?
WE’RE LOOKING FOR THE REAL FACES OF THE ATHLETICS COMMUNITY
Thanks to the amazing team at Go Media we are giving athletes of all ages the chance to be the face of the Athletics NZ member recruitment campaign on digital billboards in their local town/region.
To enter, submit a high-quality photo wearing your club kit – either at a club night or event like the Colgate Games.
Please take a moment to read the promotion terms and conditions below.
Winners will be selected by Friday 22 September and contacted via email.
Entries open at 12pm on Wednesday 6 September and run until 5.00pm Monday 18 September. The billboard will be live in October and November 2023.
General Terms and Conditions of Entry:
1. The Promoter is Athletics New Zealand.
2. Entries will close at 5:00pm Monday 18th September. No entries will be accepted outside of the applicable promotional period.
3. Entries must be made with permission of the person featured in the photograph. This permission will be confirmed on email prior to the billboards being developed.
4. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
5. In the event of a dispute the Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to suspend or modify the Promotion, or these terms & conditions, without prior notice and for any reason whatsoever at its discretion.
7. By entering the promotion online, you consent to the Promoter contacting you at the contact details provided at the time of entry.
8. By participating in the Promotion, you confirm you have permission and/or own the photograph submitted with your entry and consent to the use of the photograph for any promotional purposes carried out by the Promoter. You consent to your first name being used as part of the promotion.
9. Entrants under 18 years of age must get permission from a parent or guardian before entering. If a winner under 18 years of age is selected, their legal guardians must give their written consent prior to the use of the photograph for promotional purposes carried out by the Promoter.
10. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred by any participant (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss). All prizes are taken entirely at the participant’s own risk. Participants indemnify the Promoter against any claim for accident or loss of life, personal injury, property damage or other loss, cost or expense arising in connection with the Promotion or any prize.
11. The Promoter adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Participants to the promotion agree that the Promoter (and its agents and contractors) may collect and retain their personal information in order to conduct the Competition and for future promotions carried out by the Promoter and its associated companies. Participants have the right to request access to their personal information held by or on behalf of the Promoter, and to update or to remove any such information.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook/Instagram, and Facebook/Instagram has no liability whatsoever (and is released from any liability) to any entrant in this competition.
13. The promotional period for this competition begins at 12pm Wednesday 6th September and runs until 5.00pm Monday 18th September. Any entries received outside of this period will not be valid.
14. To enter the competition,
• Complete and submit the entry form
• You will need to provide your details as part of the entry form, including your name, town and email address.
15. By entering, you acknowledge that should you be selected your photo will appear on digital billboard/s to promote the 2023 Athletics New Zealand Member Recruitment Campaign, and you consent to the use of your image for this purpose.16. The winning entrants will be selected by the Promoter by Friday 22nd September and will be notified via email. If the winner does not respond by 12pm Monday 25th September the prize winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and a new winner will be drawn.
17. All prize details, are at the promoter’s sole discretion.
- Weekly Roundup: 3 October 2023
- Kiwi Contingent perform at the inaugural World Athletics Road Running Championships
- Whippets and Bays secure top spots at the 2023 NZ Road Relay Championships
- New Zealand athletes take to the road in Latvia
- Road Relays set to fire as part of Loburn 68
- North Harbour Bays and University of Canterbury hunt successful title defence
- Snake phobia helped elevate Donald to World Road Running team