News & Updates
Athletics under Alert Level 1
As of midday Friday 12 March, all regions in New Zealand are now at Alert Level 1.
For detailed information from Athletics NZ on athletics activity under Alert Level 1 please click here
In case the alert levels are increased at any point, please also view our handy club support resource on athletics under Alert Level 2 by clicking here
At Alert Level 1, it is mandatory for organisations (including clubs and centres) to display a QR code for the NZ COVID Tracer app if they are operating out of their own facility. The process is easy for clubs and centres, for more information please click here
Athletics NZ continues to closely monitor the situation and will provide further updates on our website and social media as required.
If you are unsure on athletics activity in your region, please contact your centre or club.
For further government advice please visit covid19.govt.nz
You can also keep up to date with the latest guidance from Sport New Zealand at sportnz.org.nz
Please follow government advice and stay safe.
- Athletics icon Sir Murray Halberg dies
- Tauranga to host jumps and Para-Athletics Camp
- Sarah harbours World Cross dreams
- 2023 World Para Athletics Championships Selection Policy Released
- Innovation at the heart of Night of 5s
- Hammer ace Levi targets secondary school champs
- Alan Tucker rewarded for athletics commitment