News & Updates
Auckland and Dunedin to stage 2024 Colgate Games
We are delighted to announce that the cities of Auckland and Dunedin will host the 2024 North Island and South Island Colgate Games, respectively.
Next year’s edition of the North Island event will be staged at Mt Smart Stadium in ‘The City of Sails’ from 5-7 January.
The historic Caledonian Ground in Dunedin will play host to the 2024 South Island Colgate Games from 12-14 January.
A huge thank you to all those who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to help secure these two iconic venues.
Athletics NZ CE Pete Pfitzinger said: “It is always a moment of huge excitement when we announce the venues for the forthcoming Colgate Games. Mt Smart Stadium and the Caledonian Ground are two of New Zealand’s most iconic venues and I’m sure all participants and spectators will enjoy a memorable experience at a pair of top-quality athletics facilities.”
Established in 1978, the Colgate Games is New Zealand’s largest athletics competition for children aged 7 to 14 and annually attracts around 2000 participants.
Entries open in early October so book your accommodation now and plan to join us for the 46th Colgate Games.
- Weekly Roundup: 26 February
- Olivier brothers ignite vintage edition of ITM
- 2024 Australian National Championships Entries Now Open
- O’Hagan hopes to soar at ITM
- New Zealand add two further athletes to bumper World Indoor Championships team
- ITM set to dazzle amid record-breaking international fields
- Marvellous Maddie enjoys dream heptathlon