News & Updates
Calling all current and former Olympians, Paralympians, and CWG athletes!
Researchers at the University of Otago are looking at the health and wellness of Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games athletes. This will help us inform athletes about the effects of high level training as they age.
The GAMES Study is a study looking into the health of our Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Game athletes. The aim of our research is to describe the health status of New Zealand Olympians, Paralympians, and Commonwealth Games athletes, as they age. It is a comprehensive questionnaire covering all aspects of physical and mental health and will take about 30-40 minutes of your time. It is an important study as more should be known about your ongoing health after your representation with our national teams. The information gathered will be confidential to only the researchers. Summaries will be made available once the research is finished, so we may know whether there is more we could and/or should be doing to support you.
The study team made a video with interviews including Rod Dixon and David Gerrard. The video can be viewed on their website, which also has all information about the study. You can also access the questionnaire here to complete it. If you would prefer to receive paper version that you can complete with pen and paper, please email the research team at email@example.com
- NZSSAA Track & Field and Road Championships and Athletics NZ Under-18 & Under-16 Champs update
- Weekly Round Up: 26 October
- Innovative approach serves to boost South Auckland clubs
- New Zealand Mile and 3000m Championship dates announced
- Seven reasons to join your local club this summer
- Top athletes give back to the sport through officiating
- New Zealand Road Championships Update