News & Updates
Douglas Pharmaceuticals announced as a major Community Partner
Athletics NZ is delighted to announce that long-standing supporter Douglas Pharmaceuticals has come on board as a major Community Partner to back grassroots athletics.
The New Zealand-based manufacturing company which was founded by West Auckland chemist Sir Graeme Douglas has sponsored the annual Sir Graeme Douglas International in Auckland since 2018.
While maintaining their involvement with New Zealand’s premier one-day meeting, the new agreement will significantly bolster grassroots support.
Among the projects it is currently backing include Athletics NZ’s Athletics for Every Body campaign in which kiwi kids are being encouraged to join their local athletics club this summer and give the sport a go.
Athletics NZ has also recently appointed a Young People’s Lead, Fiona Maisey, to aid the promotion of youth athletics.
Athletics NZ CEO Pete Pfitzinger says: “Douglas Pharmaceuticals has been a strong supporter of athletics for several years and we are really pleased that they are coming on board as our Community Partner supporting more kids to get into athletics.”
Douglas Pharmaceuticals Managing Director Jeff Douglas says: “It is an absolute pleasure to support Athletics NZ and the new talent coming through. My father was a very accomplished athlete and in many ways this sponsorship is in memory of him and his love of athletics.”
The 2022 Sir Graeme Douglas International takes place in Auckland on Sunday February 20.
- NZSSAA Track & Field and Road Championships and Athletics NZ Under-18 & Under-16 Champs update
- Weekly Round Up: 26 October
- Innovative approach serves to boost South Auckland clubs
- New Zealand Mile and 3000m Championship dates announced
- Seven reasons to join your local club this summer
- Top athletes give back to the sport through officiating
- New Zealand Road Championships Update