News & Updates
Hosting details confirmed for 2022 Colgate Games
Athletics New Zealand is pleased to announce the hosting details have been confirmed for the 2022 Colgate Games.
The North Island Colgate Games will be held in Wellington on 7-9 January while the South Island event will take place in Invercargill the following week on 14-16 January.
Over two thousand budding young athletes are set to descend on those regions in early 2022 for the next instalment of the iconic Colgate Games, New Zealand’s biggest junior athletics festival.
For more than 40 years, the Colgate Games have given children aged from seven to 14 years the chance to foster a lifelong love of athletics, as well as making friends and developing strong sporting values.
As the focus is on fun and participation, entries are open to all children who belong to an affiliated athletics club, regardless of ability or experience.
Ribbons and pennants are awarded for the seven-to-nine category while those aged 10 to 14 will get the opportunity to run, jump or throw their way to the podium in a fun and encouraging environment.
Please note: There will be no live streaming of the Colgate Games as U-15 events are not broadcast by Athletics NZ.
The details of the 2022 Colgate Games are as per below.
North Island Colgate Games
Newtown Park, Wellington
Friday 7 – Sunday 9 Jan 2022
South Island Colgate Games
Surrey Park, Invercargill
Friday 14 – Sunday 16 Jan 2022
- Weekly Roundup: 3 October 2023
- Kiwi Contingent perform at the inaugural World Athletics Road Running Championships
- Whippets and Bays secure top spots at the 2023 NZ Road Relay Championships
- New Zealand athletes take to the road in Latvia
- Road Relays set to fire as part of Loburn 68
- North Harbour Bays and University of Canterbury hunt successful title defence
- Snake phobia helped elevate Donald to World Road Running team