News & Updates
Kiwi team puts in mileage in name of solidarity
From left, James Inwood, Fiona Hayvice and Emma Bassett all completed their six-hour runs at Newtown Park in Wellington.
A total of 14 Kiwis represented their country at the IAU Virtual 6 Hour Global Solidarity Run over the weekend of 20-21 March and put in a series of outstanding performances.
They joined 31 other teams from around the world in running for six hours in solidarity.
Below are the performances of each member of the New Zealand team, which was made up of nine females and five males.
Mel Aitken 73.34km
Dawn Tuffery 68.95km
Fiona Hayvice 68.35km
Emma Bassett 65.43km
Nicole Sattler 65.59km
Jaime Stevenson 62.38km
Debrah Breedt 60.03km
Kirsty Hamlin 60.64km
Maggie Davies 58.03km
Keith Burrows 82.98km
Paul Hewitson 72.61km
James Inwood 66.33km
Wayne Botha 65.6km
Stuart Hughes 64.18km
- Weekly Round Up: 27 March
- Weston Hill rewrites the record books at New Zealand Trail Running Championships
- McCartney secures World Championship entry standard in Brisbane
- Jones seeks to maintain hot streak in pursuit of national honours
- Jones and Hill set for titanic NZ Trail Running Championship tussle
- New Zealand distance runner faces eight-year ban for doping
- Expressions of Interest Open for High Performance International Development Tour