News & Updates
Latest update on NZ Cross Country Championships
Athletics New Zealand and its regional centres are continuing to review all options in regards to the hosting of the New Zealand Cross Country Championships.
The event is scheduled to take place on 29 August in Dunedin and, at this stage, will go ahead as planned.
The viability of hosting this event may however be impacted by the ramifications of the government announcement on Friday 21 August.
Athletics NZ and the local organising committee will therefore review the government announcement and release a further update as soon as possible.
The New Zealand Cross Country Championships are a highlight of the athletics winter calendar and there is a proud history to maintain. The event has been held since the early 1900s and there are only several windows in which it has not been staged, due largely to World War I and World War II.
Athletics NZ would therefore not take the decision to cancel or postpone this event lightly and every effort is currently being made to ensure a safe and successful hosting.
In the meantime, your patience is appreciated as the options are worked through and further information from the government is awaited.
To register for the New Zealand Cross Country Championships please click here
For detailed information from Athletics NZ on general athletics activity under different alert levels please click here
- New Christchurch Marathon course to host the 2023 New Zealand Marathon Champs
- Weekly Round Up: 7 February
- Adams turns up the heat at Sola Power event
- Nagel and Oakley claim back-to-back national 3000m crowns
- Paralympic champion Lisa Adams set to star at Sola Power meet
- Sprint ace Te Puni targets more success in Wellington
- Nagel seeks back-to-back national 3000m titles