News & Updates
Update on New Zealand Track and Field Championships
Following the government announcement that Auckland will be at Alert Level 3 and the rest of the country at Alert Level 2 for seven days from 6am on Sunday 28 February, Athletics New Zealand wishes to confirm the Jennian Homes New Zealand Track and Field Championships will unfortunately not be able to proceed on 5-7 March in Hawke’s Bay.
We are aware this will cause great disappointment among the athletes, their families and supporters but it is unfortunately not possible to hold an event of this size under the new alert level restrictions.
We are currently considering all options in terms of the hosting of these championships and will provide an update as soon as possible.
In the meantime, please follow government advice and stay safe.
- Selection Policy Announcement
- Sarah Drought leads New Zealand Half Marathon contenders
- Dates announced for 2024 Jennian Homes New Zealand Track & Field Championships
- New venue announced for 2023 New Zealand Road Relay Championships
- Weekly Round Up: 29 May
- Paris 2024 Olympic Games Nomination Criteria Announced
- New athletes named in the Performance Development Squad