News & Updates
2021 Oceania Athletics Championships cancelled
The Oceania Athletics Association (OAA) has announced today that the 2021 Oceania Area Athletics Championships, due to be held mid-year, have been cancelled.
The Association stated that the continuing uncertainty regarding the global pandemic means it is not in a position to offer a suitable venue and destination that would allow all 20 Member Federations of the Oceania Region to participate.
OAA will continue to liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that there are opportunities for athletes to qualify for the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
OAA President, Robin Sapong Eugenio said that, “Oceania Athletics is committed to ensuring that there is some form of Oceania competition this year, in as many of our Member Federations as possible, whether by traditional or virtual means.”
- Athletics icon Sir Murray Halberg dies
- Tauranga to host jumps and Para-Athletics Camp
- Sarah harbours World Cross dreams
- 2023 World Para Athletics Championships Selection Policy Released
- Innovation at the heart of Night of 5s
- Hammer ace Levi targets secondary school champs
- Alan Tucker rewarded for athletics commitment