News & Updates
2021 Oceania Athletics Championships cancelled
The Oceania Athletics Association (OAA) has announced today that the 2021 Oceania Area Athletics Championships, due to be held mid-year, have been cancelled.
The Association stated that the continuing uncertainty regarding the global pandemic means it is not in a position to offer a suitable venue and destination that would allow all 20 Member Federations of the Oceania Region to participate.
OAA will continue to liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that there are opportunities for athletes to qualify for the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
OAA President, Robin Sapong Eugenio said that, “Oceania Athletics is committed to ensuring that there is some form of Oceania competition this year, in as many of our Member Federations as possible, whether by traditional or virtual means.”
- Hosting details confirmed for 2022 Colgate Games
- Revised timetable released for track and field champs
- Hall recognised for outstanding career
- Modified New Zealand Track and Field Championships to be held
- Latest update on New Zealand Track and Field Championships
- 6H Global Solidarity Run team selection announcement
- Weekly Round Up: 1 March