News & Updates
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Update
Overnight, World Athletics announced the qualification period for the rescheduled Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games has been suspended effective from 6 April 2020 to 30 November 2020. The new qualification period per event is outlined below:
Athletics NZ will work with the New Zealand Olympic Committee to update the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Athletics Nomination Criteria now this information is known. We hope to have this published in the next month.
Please click here to read World Athletics’ media release.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact teams.
- Weekly Round Up: 9 August
- Tori places fifth to wrap up the Kiwi challenge in Birmingham
- Julia banks hammer silver to climb another Commonwealth podium
- Sam and Keeley set dazzling PB’s to earn top six spots
- New Zealand bank historic shot one-two in Birmingham
- Portia once again sets landmark achievement
- Four Kiwis advance to finals in busy session