News & Updates
Expressions of Interest for Pool of Selectors 2023-2024
Athletics New Zealand is calling for selectors for both track & field, and out of stadia competitions (emphasis in cross country, mountain, trail, ultra, walks and road running). Candidates are invited to apply to be considered for the Athletics NZ Pool of Selectors 2023-2024.
The Athletics NZ Pool of Selectors is a group of people with in-depth experience in athletics, other sports, or general/teams selection processes. Each selector will be vetted to make sure they can capably add value to the team selection process based on their area of expertise, whether that be a specific athletics event group, their experience with another sport organization’s selection process, or another general organization’s selection process.
In each competition selection policy or nomination criteria there is a designated Selection or Nomination Panel. This Panel is made up of one Convenor, and two additional selectors, which are members of the Athletics NZ Pool of Selectors. Under the leadership of the Convenor, each selection or nomination panel identifies which athletes meet the selection requirements outline in the selection policy or nomination criteria for the competition assigned to that panel (i.e. adhere to the selection policy to select the respective team). Click here for more information on Athletics NZ Pool of Selectors.
- New Christchurch Marathon course to host the 2023 New Zealand Marathon Champs
- Weekly Round Up: 7 February
- Adams turns up the heat at Sola Power event
- Nagel and Oakley claim back-to-back national 3000m crowns
- Paralympic champion Lisa Adams set to star at Sola Power meet
- Sprint ace Te Puni targets more success in Wellington
- Nagel seeks back-to-back national 3000m titles